It is the prohibition to capture marine resources in the months that they are spawning or laying their eggs. Thus, it is possible to protect their reproductive process and maintain the renewal of populations, particularly those species that mature late or are more vulnerable to fishing action.
- Octopus: It reproduces for the first time at 4-6 months of age, with 12.5 cm
- Anchovy: at 11 months; 12 cm
- Red prawn: at 2 years and 4 months; 2.56 cm
- Common hake: at 3 years; 37cm
- Depth cod: at 9 years old; 90 cm
- Kite stripe: at 14 years old; 104 cm