Resources Assessment Department
Updated: Tuesday August 16th, 2016August 16th, 2016
Analyze and integrate biological-fisheries information for establishing the status of exploited marine resources and recommendations of catch quotas.
Run a research program focused on primary marine fishery resources and exploited benthic resources in seashore protected management areas.
Highly specialized team of researchers in the area of engineering and quantitative biology, with further development in numerical and statistical modeling.
- Research Status and Evaluation of Sustainable Exploitation Strategies 2011 of the nation’s main fisheries species: mackerel, hake, southern hake, hoki, toothfish, kingklip, Anchovy III-IV Regions, Anchovy XV -II Regions, Anchovy V – X Regions, Sardine, nailon shrimp, red squat lobster , yellow squat lobster, hake, southern blue whiting, skate, Southern Sardine, Alfonsino, Besugo.
- Fisheries Research Situation under Seashore Management Area regime, 2010-2011.
- EU Project TXOTX: Technical experts Overseeing Third country expertise
- Research projects funded by the Fisheries Research Fund (FIP):
- Methodological bases for the direct evaluation of skate and kingklip between the X and XII Regions FIP 2008-46.
- Population structure of mackerel, FIP 2010-18.