Abate Molina Scientific Vessel sailed off in a trip to evaluate AnchovyNovember 27th, 2019
Between Arica Parinacota and Antofagasta regions
On Saturday, November 23rd at 10 pm, Abate Molinascientific ship , with 28 professionals, sailed from Valparaíso’s port , the captain of the ship is Enrique Quiero and head of the cruise is the fishing engineer Francisco Leiva
The general objective is; to characterize and evaluate anchovy resource stock between the Arica and Parinacota and Antofagasta Regions, by hydroacoustic methods, during the maximum recruitment.period.
Specific objectives are:
- To estimate anchovy resource stock size and its spatial distribution in the fishery maximum recruitment period .
- To characterize and analyze in a spatio-temporal context, the stock demographic composition and interannual variation evaluated through biological indicators.
- To characterize and analyze oceanographic conditions present in the study area and its relationship with the spatial distribution of anchovy.
- To characterize anchovy aggregations in the area and period of study.
- To determinate stomach content and to characterize anchovy specimens trophic behavior in the area and period of study.
- Survey of ecological information to advance fisheries management based on the ecosystem. Analysis in the temporal and spatial context of the main groups of species, present in the acoustic echograms from 2003 to date