The scientific expedition is led by the fishing engineer Francisco Leiva, the captain of the ship is Enrique Quiero
Yesterday, February 11th, at 5 pm and for 27 days, a team of 29 professionals and technicians from IFOP Fisheries Development Institute sailed off from Valparaíso, aboard the B / C Abate Molina, with the aim of; Characterize and evaluate existing anchovy stock between the Atacama region and the Coquimbo region, using hydroacoustic method, during the maximum recruitment period.
The specific objectives are:
- To estimate size of anchovy resource stock and its spatial distribution in the fishery maximum recruitment period.
- To characterize and analyze in a space-time context, through biological indicators, evaluated stock demographic composition and interannual variation.
- To characterize and analyze study area present oceanographic conditions and their relationship with resources spatial distribution.
- To characterize anchovy aggregations in the area and period of study.
- To determinate stomach content and to sort anchovy specimens trophic behavior in the area and study period.
Ecological information survey in order to advance to a fisheries management based on ecosystems. Phase II: Analysis in temporal and spatial context of species main groups, present in acoustic echograms from 2003 up to date.
A report on this resource’s status will be made with the scientific cruise obtained information .
- Noticia anterior
- Siguiente noticia